IR-A -Instrumental Rating
The Object of the Course
To train the students of the Course for the acquisition of the IR(A) qualification according to the EASA PART FCL regulations, in order to enable the following activities:
- to practice all the activities permitted at the owner of the IR qualification;
- to permit the owner of a IR(A) multi-motored instrumental flight qualification to pilot multi or single motored aircrafts according to the IFR regulations with an Height of Decision of 200 feet (60 mt.);
- to permit the owner of a IR(A) single-motored instrumental flight qualification to pilot multi or single motored aircrafts according to the IFR regulations with an Heigh of Decision of 200 feet (60 mt.).
Duration of the Course
The duration of the theoretical Course is usually between 4 to 12 months from the effective date.
The course must be completed within 18 months from the effective date, the practical exam may be take place within 36 months after the passing (partial or total) of theoretical verifications. It may occur entirely on SEP class to allow the achievement of the IR "Single Engine (SE)," or SEP and MEP for obtaining the IR "Multi Engine (ME)" (which enables the candidate for the IR on both classes SEP and MEP).
|Hours of theoretical education:||150:00|
|Hours of SEP practical education for IR SE:||50:00|
|Hours of SEP+MEP practical education for ME IR (if already holding a MEP qualification class):||55:00|
|Hours of SEP+MEP practical education for ME IR (if not holding a MEP qualification class):||61:00|
|Ore FNTP (if applicable):||23:00|
Prerequisite of Admission
May be admitted to the course:
- Pilots already holding a PPL (A) License with possible nocturnal flight qualification;
- Pilots already holding a CPL (A) License.
These pilots also must:
- Have made at least 50 hours of navigation as Pilot in Command (of which at least 10 on aircraft);
- Be in possession of medical fitness, valid for I o II class, depending on the type of license held;
- Have a good knowledge of the English language
The English language proficiency is verified through a preliminary interview or by the valuation of suitable degrees according to the FTO Management agreement, and before the end of the course has to assure a Level minimum, equal to or greater than 4 (certification by TEA examination).
Conditions of the Exam Admission
The admission at the final exam of the course for the acquisition of the IR (A) qualification requires also to meet the followint requirements.
- To have completed the planned theoretical education;
- To have completed a minimum activity of 50 hours total IFR instructional flight with a single-engine airplane, 55 hours with two engines;
The training course for the acquisition of the IR (A) consists of the following sections:
- Theoretical Education concerning IR(A) Instrumental qualification;
- Practical Education concerning IR(A) Instrumental qualification.
Theoretical Educational Program
FTO Cantor Air has developed a program of theoretical instruction normally including a total of not less than 150 hours of theoretical instruction arranged in the various training subjects. Classes are held with different educating methods such as classroom study, movies examination, slide shows, the use of interactive systems (CBT), air force guide tours and other methods that may contribute the enhancement of the knowledge professional aspect of the candidate.
Moreover, it is possible to follow the lectures using the on-line system via Internet. (see Distance Learning Course).
- SINGLE-ENGINE – The IR(A) flight program on a (SE) single-engine includes not less than 50 hours in D.C. with an instructor . ( of these, 25 hours may be carried out on FNPT I or 35 hours on FNPT II).
- MULTI-ENGINE – The IR(A) flight program on a (ME) multi-engine includes not less than 55 hours in D.C. with an instructor . ( of these, 25 hours may be carried out on FNPT I or 40 hours on FNPT II ) . The flight instruction must include at least 15 hours on a multi-engine airplane (except 6 hours of qualification).
- SINGLE-MULTI IFR TANSITION – The acquisition of IR ( A) multi-engine by a IR(A) holder on single-engine and multi-engine qualification, is subject to the completion of a 5 hours course of instrumental training on a multi-engine aircraft. Who requires a license or a qualification , flight activities of single pilot , dual control or pilot in charge , is g